
Yesterday as we were getting ready to go get our family pictures taken, I had my curling iron on and I grabbed Axel so he wouldn't touch it but at the last second he lunged out of my arms and reached for it and barely touched it with his sweet little fingertips. He got burnt on 4 fingertips and had a horrible day because of it. It was one of the worst days of my life; It broke my heart that I couldn't make it better, and that he was in so much pain and he didn't understand why! Here is a pic of him crying so hard, and finally Daddy rocked him to sleep and they slept together on Axel's couch half the night! He is fine today, and not in pain, but I feel so hurt to know that he felt so much pain for the first time in his life. It really let me know how amazingly much I love that little guy. He is my everything, and I am so grateful for Casey working so I can stay home everyday with my little baby. He is so happy and silly he always makes everyone smile! Even yesterday when he was crying in pain, as soon as he saw a camera taking his pictures, he started hamming it up and smiling, clapping and laughing! He loves to be the center of attention!
Ok that was a long rant, I have never really written a lot on here before, it is nice to get that out! Axel is sleeping peacefully now, I love my little angel!
Here are some naked pics from a few days ago.
4 comments:
He is such a special little person! Like a little angel, really. I'm amazed at how happy and loving he is, and I think you have helped shape his temperment by the way you play with him and how you are always smiling with love when you are with him. You are such a good mama, I really hope to be like you!
ps. I think you should write more often! It's nice to hear your thoughts!
Ohhh that's so sad!! :( Poor little guy! He looks EXACTLY like you in those crying pics. It's uncanny!
So sorry your little man got hurt. That trully is the worst feeling in the world. Hunter split his face open on the foot board of our bed a couple of weeks ago and had to go to the ER for stitches. He's fine, but Craig and I still haven't recovered. Give Axel a hug for me!
Post a Comment