Thursday, October 15



Here are the latest pictures of Axel. He is 20 months now and getting to be such a big boy! After 2 days in a row catching him straddling the top of his crib, it was finally time to free him from his cage. The railing of his crib is gone, and he loved his new freedom so much he jumped on his big boy bed for almost 45 minutes! Saying "Axie's bed!" I was so hesitant to mess with a good thing, he slept so well in his crib I was worried this would mess things up, but he went right to bed without a fuss that night and even for his naps! I am so lucky to have such a good sleeper! ( I worked so hard to get him there!!) He is saying words for EVERYTHING now. He loves helping daddy build fires and calls it "fid-ud-pace". He points and says everything, "we home"! (when we pull in the driveway), Abba Yiah's car, (Auntie Rhia's car) "Oh anodda bus!" (when he sees another bus), too many words to list. He says "thayd do mamma" (thank you mamma) for absolutely everything I do, from giving him food to changing his diapers. He has got the whole manners thing down pat!

My favorite thing he does is that if he does wake up in the night he likes me to rock him back to sleep, and when I think he might finally be back asleep, I hear "sing Mamma peeese"! So cute! So after singing many songs I think he is once again asleep and slowly stand up to put him back to bed when I hear "Sit Momma!!" It is so fun how he can communicate with me so well!

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

He is looking so grown up in these pics!

Chantel Monet said...

I miss him so much. Thank you for sharing all this, it makes me feel like I'm not so far away. Can't wait to see you soon!