Tuesday, June 1

30 before 30

I am starting a new list. I love making lists, mostly to help keep me organized since I am petty scatterbrained lately..this list is going to be my 30 before 30 list. 30 things I want to do or change before I turn 30. Everyone in my family, (mainly my brother Jeff) Gets mad and dissapointed in me for not applying myself. I am an artist, and due to fear of failure, or not being the "best", I have had a dry spell for going on 5 years now, where I am afraid to start painting and drawing. That will definately be first on my list. I need to not be fearful of failure, and remember that it is ok to not be perfect at everything I do. I will post the list as soon as I amdone, it is going to take some serious work!

2 comments:

Chantel Monet said...

I'm excited to see this list!!
I was thinking we could do a trade: I will sew your crib set if you will come over and help me paing a birch tree mural in the nursery! Love you sissy!

Aminta said...

Okay.... right there with you. Me..... past the thirty mark by almost 2 years...ugh! But so there with ya.
You know something. It is the perfectionist in us that makes our fear so strong. But something I am working on is the knowledge that there really is perfect in im-perfect. It has everything to do with looking at it differently.
You are amazing.... that goes for all of your family. You are each amazing and unique in your own gifts.
The thing is so simple. Only you know what you were "intending" and only you know that you are not fully satisfied with something. Try to find the beauty in ugly... and find the perfect in im-perfect.
You are im-perfectly beautiful and I would not expect more. And I believe no one else would either.
Love to you amazing woman!
Minta