Thursday, December 16

Dirty Dishes

I feel like I live at this sink! We have no dishwasher, so all day atleast 5 times a day I slave away away. I try to make it more enjoyable, I light a pretty candle, I buy nicely scented didh soap that is supposed to make my hands soft (haha!) I open the curtains to look at my view (the neighboring nursing home where an ambulance basically lives in their driveway hauling the elderly to and fro all day) I try to pretend I am looking out at a beautiful snowy cottage with smoke billowing from the chimney, but I am rudely awakened from my daydream when one of the crotchety old ladies shoots me a mean glare.
It does give me time to reflect and think. I often think how lucky I am to have a few spare moments to think about how much God has blessed my life. All I have ever wanted is a family with lots and lots of children. Well, 2 beautiful kids is a start! I have a perfectly wonderful husband who lovs me no mattter what, and a family that is seriously the best in the world. I could go on and on about my blessings, God really does take care of me, it makes me think; what am I doing for him? More reading and praying and making it to church will be a good start.

1 comment:

Chantel Monet said...

Love this little glimpse into your daily life! Doing dishes at my house is just as awful. maybe I should light a candle once in a while! You are so blessed Mag! I'm so glad you love being a mom the way I do. I really, really miss you.